Long time no see!
I figured I should give a mini update while I’m signed into this account… So here we go! In bullet point form:
- Alex has been producing, he went on tour with Charlie Simpson for a bit, played some violin… Travelled a bit.. He recorded his part in Skyway Avenue’s “Hours” when he was over here (in the US of A) in late June, early July. Mike, the lead singer, was over here working on the album in June. So no, they did not record together, but still pretty cool, huh? Let me know what you think about it!!
- Dan is still with The Dead Famous. Please, please, please do not blame him for splitting up Elliot Minor. I’m going to tap into my knowledge as leader of the US Street Team and let you know that it was pretty much an “Okay, so you guys are leaving, but I still like music, so I’m gonna go do this..” kind of thing. Dan has always been extremely committed to both his music and the fans. Another admin tidbit: If you EVER got a reply from any of the Elliot Minor group accounts, there is a 95% chance that it was from him - regardless of who it was signed by. Please stop the hating. It upsets me that some of you are treating him horribly for no reason at all.
- As far as I know, Ed H, Ed M, & Ali are still in their respective courses at uni. Last I heard from Ed H, he was either in the process of getting a super cool day job or had already gotten one? I’m not all too clear on that one, but we (well, I) still wish them the best in life. Aim for the stars, kids!
- Gary, their manager, is… um… I don’t even know, to be quite honest. He’s doing something with Van Morrison. :x
- Brian - you all remember Brian right? Guitar tech? Filled in for Ed H during the last full band tour in 2010? Yeah, he’s got a band you should check out. They’re called Throw The Goat. Saw them in July. Totally awesome.
- As for the street teams, there is honestly NOTHING going on right now. Personally, I have not had any official ST-related contact with anyone going on two years now. The leaders though: We’re fine. I talk to them all the time. And I hope you’re all doing fine as well with everything that’s going on in your lives. I’ve seen some of you grow up for years now. I feel like a proud mother! LOL
- As for this blog~ I’m in the process of retrieving all our old posts, in case you get nostalgic and want to sob over some old Elliot Minor things.
And, uh… Yeah, I think that’s all I want to say right now.
Watch me get in trouble for this. No, actually, you know what? I honestly don’t care. I’m going to be completely honest with you: I find it absolutely incredible that basically no answers were given to the fans. As street leaders, we kind of watched this entire thing unfold but we couldn’t say anything as it was not really our place to do so.
Personally, yes, I think it was kinda shitty to just not tell fans what was going on. No email, no status update, no random tweet to say, “Hey, we’re kinda taking a mini hiatus! Sorry~” And I’m sorry we couldn’t just be like, “Hey! This is what’s happening!” while all of you were in the dark, constantly asking when they would return… When all the official street teams went offline, I know a lot of you got really upset and I’m sorry. That was initially my doing. There was nothing going on, no word on anything, so knowing what we did, we figured it was best to just sign off. I’m sorry I didn’t answer your questions then, but like I said, it wasn’t our place. It still isn’t.
However, it’s been two years and nothing’s been said ever since. I think it’s time you guys should know what we know - and that’s that we personally don’t really know if they’re ever getting back together. It was amazing while it lasted, and oh yeah, we got upset. Really upset. But what can we do? We’re just the group of fans that believed they could do anything and everything. We were basically the inner circle of fans that did what we were told to help promote. That’s it.
It was a great experience. I’ve met a lot of really amazing people through Elliot Minor. I will keep these friends for the rest of my life. For that, I thank them. And if they come back, we’ll pick up where we started.
Until the next update, this has been your official Elliot Minor USA street team leader,